Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014 Joaquin, Pelusa, and Christmas


Hello everyone!

I can not believe that it is December already...how did this happen!? I am turning 6 months old in my mission this month on Christmas...that is so crazy to me. My comp goes home next month...like the 6th of January I think. Ah! All of this is so crazy. I am going to be freaking out so much the rest of my mission because the time flies by! I feel like I`ve only been gone for like 2 months or something like that. I feel so fresh as a missionary-like I still have no idea what I am doing sometimes and a lot of times still I don`t know what people are saying...yeah, I feel like I just barely got here haha. 

Well anyway, so yeah I`m not really sure how I got so mixed up with the whole Thanksgiving thing...I blame my District Leader because he made me self doubt... but whatever, ni modos. It passed and I didn`t do anything haha. How boring ;) But for next year, it really is the fourth of the month? I just want to make sure I actually know when we celebrate this holiday so I can sound intelligent when others ask me about it ;) 

Um, so we have a new investigator named Joaquin and he is really great! He has sooo many questions and we love it!!! And I love that he likes to stay with one topic and actually stay on topic because it makes teaching with the Spirit so much easier! So much easier! There are people here (practically every single person that I have met) that talk and talk and talk and they talk about random things that have nothing to do with the lesson topic and it is super hard to teach them with the Spirit because we are bouncing around all over the place.... but yeah, he is great. He really wants to learn more about our religion and he accepted the invitation to come to church but his wife`s family came unexpectedly on Sunday and so they couldn`t come to church because they had to prepare the comida for her family and all that. But it´s ok. He will be able to come to church this coming sunday I`m sure :) It`ll be great :)

Hermana Mariana (a less active) moved to like cholula and didn`t even tell us so that was really sad.We were trying to reactivate her and we were teaching her husband who isn`t a member...but now we lost them both since they aren`t in our area. I found out that they moved because we did intercambios and I went with one of the Hermana leaders to their area and we were walking in the street and I ran into Mariana and she told me that she moved. She asked me about her dog Pelusa (the one that we "adopted" because she followed us everywhere) and I told her that Pelusa was still with us and all that and she asked me if we could keep her until Saturday when she could come and pick her up and I told her sure and it was all good.

But something horribly horribly sad happened yesterday. We aren`t allowed to have pets and all that so we asked our neighbor Juanita if she could keep Pelusa until Saturday since we aren`t allowed to have animals. She told us yes and she gave Pelusa a bath yesterday and cleaned her up a bit and killed her pulgas and all that and gave her some food too. Well, like an hour later or so, Pelusa was really really sick. She couldn`t walk very well and she couldn`t breath well either. I felt so bad for her and I just thought that maybe she ate something bad or something like that and she was having stomach problems. Well I went over to her because she was right there by our front door and I was petting her head and talking to her for a bit before we left to go visit a family. We went over to talk to Juanita and tell her that Pelusa was sick and then left to go work. Well, when we came back, Pelusa was lying there on the ground and hermano Juan thought that she was sleeping...but she had passed away.... I cried and cried and cried. It was so sad. She was like part of my family and I felt so bad because she just randomly got so sick and I couldn`t do anything to help her. She was so cute and she was like a "guardian angel" for me and Hermana Kraczek, as her dad once wrote her. We had so many memories with her and I just felt so sad. I was up crying until 12:00 last night over that dog... Yeah, I know it sounds ridiculous. I don`t even understand why it was so hard for me but I can see the image of her lying there on the ground in my mind and I always start crying....it`s giong to be so rough when Sophie passes away...I`m going to be a wreck. So if it happens when I am out here, don`t tell me....cuz I will bawl my eyes out. Well, en todos modos I`m really grateful that Heavenly Father allowed me to have the experiences that I was able to have with Pelusa. I don`t know what happens to dogs and animals when they die as far as the Plan of Salvation is concerned but I hope that they have the chance to live again and to be happy and I know that she is happier because she isn`t suffering from illness or starvation or anything like that.

Whew, alright, enough about that. Haha, I talked more about her than anything else in this email...que chistoso. ;) on a happier note....

Are you all excited about Christmas? I know that I am! :) Christmas is the best time of the year because we get to think about the Savior all the time and there is a special Spirit during this time of the year. Everyone is happier and wants to do good and there is beautiful music to listen to and everything is just great! I am especially excited for the new video (short clip) of Christ and how he is the gift of Christmas. The church is putting it out and they bought a part of youtube to display the video and also the big screen in time square and they made these really beautiful cards for missionaries to pass out to people so that they can get online and view the video. It is a video like the easter one that the church put out with music and typed words, no talking. It is super powerful and you can really feel the Spirit when you watch it :) I`m really excited :) I hope that you can all remember that Christ truly is the reason for the season and that he is the greatest gift that we could ever recieve because he is the Savior and REdeemer of the world and that He makes all things possible. I am so grateful for my Savior and I know that He lives and that He is always there by my side through the thick and the thin. I love the hymn "I know that my Redeemer lives" because the words are so powerful and so true. It is a perfect testimony of Him. He truly is my kind, wise heavenly friend that helps me conquer all things and helps me endure to the end with ease. I challenge you all to try to make this Christmas something really special and really spiritual-centered more in the Savior Jesus Christ. I know that if you do this it will invite a different and even more powerful spirit in your lives and that you will have the best Christmas memories if Christ is at the center of it. 

Sorry I have no time, we are going to play basketball in the capilla and we are 20 minutes late.... I love you all!!

Love,
Hermana Walker 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment