Monday, September 7, 2015

September 7, 2015 The Mission - A Miracle Machine!

Hello again! How have you all been? I hope all has been well :) 

Well, this week was full of miracles :) (like always right? The mission is just a miracle machine!!) But anyway, we were able to find 5 new people again this week so that was really awesome :) the only really sad part is that we didn´t have any investigators come to church this week... but we have two baptismal dates that are basically signed and sealed and another one that we still have to work on a bit because we don´t know if we need to post-pone it a little more or whatever but yeah we are super excited because one of our investigators (well, two of them) are getting married tomorrow!! :) and they are preparing to be baptized on the 19th of this month :) They actually asked us if they could get baptized before their date haha and I said "Of course you can!!" I was super excited right? :) Well, we have an appointment with them tonight and we are going to talk about their date and all that stuff and get it all worked out but i think that Armando (a different one) has a little bit of a hard time with the word of wisdom (for the coffee part) so..if he has drinken (drunken? how would that be written..?) in this last week he still has to wait..but we will see what happens tonight and next week I will feel you in on the details. 

Sorry, I don´t have a ton of time to write haha like always but I just wanted to talk about Rubí and Armando a bit :) also, one of our investigators that has NEVER come to church came this week :) but she came really late and missed the whole sacrament meeting...she just came for the classes but, SHE CAME and her husband also came who has been inactive for forever! So we were super happy about that and I was actually like, in shock when I saw that Juan Carlos (the less active) walked in to the classroom.... it was crazy!

We had a super beautiful class on sunday in relief society and if I ever have to teach a lesson about brotherly love or service sometime in the future....I am gonna steal this idea because it was amazing :) we were all crying haha, even I was crying and I don´t even hardly know anyone here in this ward!! (like, well enough to feel immense love for them and to cry haha) only the Spirit can make this happen :) 

Well, I have to go because my comp and i still haven´t eaten today haha and P-day is almost up so we gotta hurry if we don´t want to starve ;) 

I know that the church is true and that God is our loving Heavenly Father who always sends us tender mercies to help us along this road we are traveling. I know that He knows each one of us individually and that He knows the things that we pass through. I know He gives us challenges to help us grow and develop so that we can truly reach our full potential. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was translated through Joseph Smith who was and is a man called of God. I love this gospel and the opportunity that I have to be here serving my Heavenly Father and helping Him create a larger and more powerful kingdom here on the earth. 

I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week!


Love - Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment