Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015 Armando and Rubi

Hola hola! ¿Cómo están todos? Espero que estan bien :) 

Alrighty well, this week is going to be awesome because we are going to have two baptisms this week! On Wednesday Armando and his wife Rubí are going to enter the waters of baptism and make a sacred and lasting covenant with their Father in Heaven :) We are so happy and so excited for them! They are amazing! They are the investigators that just got married last tuesday :) I don`t remember if I told you guys that they were going to get married but I think I did....I hope so anyway haha. If not, well, now you know! ;) so yeah, they got married last week and this week they are going to be baptized :) I am going to play the violin in their baptism haha but wish me luck because it`s been a while since I`ve picked one up.... 

This week we went and contacted a reference that we received from the Stake. They gave all the missionaries a list of young men and young women that went to EFY and our president told us that these young people were very special and they just had a week of super spiritual experiences and so they just need to go to church one time before being baptized...um....SUPER awesome right!? Yeah, I know! We were pumped!!! So we went and contacted her and all that right and she totally is super nice and we set up an appointment over the phone and the day of the appointment and she let us right in :) so...I asked her about EFY and how it went and all that and guess what she told me...??? That she couldn`t go!!! Can you believe that!? Yeah, so that was a little sad for me.... but it`s ok, because she is super cute and she wants to learn about the gospel and when we talked about baptism and invited her to be baptized when she came to know that these things were true, she told us yes :) so that was cool :) we are going to see her this week and put a baptismal date with her for the 10th of october :) we are really hoping that she will accept and that her parents will give her permission (she`s 17 years old so...we need the parents`permission...).

But yeah, this last week was really good and this week is going to be even better! 

I know that this is the true and restored gospel of the Savior Jesus Christ here on the earth and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God who was called to restore this gospel so that we would be able to enjoy the fullness of God´s love in our days. I know that the Book of Mormon is ture and that it isthe word of God and that we truly can grow closer to God by reading it`s pages and living it`s teachings. I love this gospel and this work that I am in and I would not trade it for anything. 

Have a great week! Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Walker

P.D. Remind me to tell you of the sad story that happened to us with a rude investigator....

            

No comments:

Post a Comment