Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015 I'm Officially a Grandmother! :)

My title explains why my back has been hurting so bad lately.... ;) and my knees...  haha. ;) dang...I can´t imagine how I am going to feel when I´m seventy....

But anyway, I am officially a grandmother because my daughter is now training!!! I am so proud of her!!! When I got to the Stake Center in Puebla (where we always have our changes meetings for transfers) she was there in the door way and she told me that she was going to train and I said "are you serious!?" and I kind of squealed a little and I hugged her super tight!! She is going to be absolutely amazing!!! She came to the field super prepared and I know that her daughter is going to love her training :) it is going to be awesome! We still have to take the generation photo haha but don´t worry, it´s a comin! next week...maybe....but for sure this in this month and a half haha ;) 

Also, this week I put the picture of the baptism and also of my new companion :) Her name is Sister Guadarrama :) She is from the state of Mexico :) it´s really really close to Puebla :) but it isn´t D.F. :) 

Well, something cool happened this week. I was in the kitchen in the morning (not today...i don´t remember which day it was but anyway...) i saw something out of the corner of my eye that was like wiggling on the ground and when i looked at it full on, i saw that it was a little tiny lizard!!!! my comp picked it up and we took pics or it and then put it in a plant outside of our house :) But yeah, I don´t even know how it got inside! And it was super teeny tiny haha. it was cute :) but just because it was small :) 

Armando (our recent convert) is getting excited to start going to the temple to see how it is and to do baptisms for the dead and we are getting him excited to receive the priesthood :) he is super awesome! :) We visited him like three days this week. He is progressing and changing a lot :) 

Heber came to church this week and we are going to go to his house everyday this week to read the Book of Mormon with him and we are going to put a baptismal date with him today so that we can help him on his way to obtaining eternal salvation :) He tells us that he really wants to be baptized, so it won´t be a problem that he accepts the date, we just want him to have a testimony before he is baptized...and that is the hardest part.

This week we found two new investigators named Rubí and Armando (yep, that´s right, another Armando haha). They still aren´t married but they are working on it so that Rubí can get baptized. She has been coming to our ward for like ten years and when I came here I totally thought she was a member haha...but then in the fifth week of the last transfer,I found out that she was an investigator!!! SO I was pretty much blown away by that haha :) we are planning on putting a baptismal date with her for september. We are also hoping that her husband will become more interested in learning more about the gospel and that he will accept a baptismal date as well :) (all their kids are baptized and they all want to serve missions :) ) So yeah, they are like the miracle that we had this week! :) They only problem is that they aren´t married and that....they don´t live in the ward boundaries....haha so we need permission to teach them.... but we are hoping that we will be able to teach them!

Well, that is about all the time I have for this week but I just want you all to know that I love you all and that I hope you have a great week! Keep your eyes and ears open for any miracles that happen this week because I can assure you that you have at least one happen everyday, we just have to learn to recognize them :) 

Love, 
Hermana Walker

Me and Hermana Junca at Armando's Baptism




Armando's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment