Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015 Investigators, Baptism and Pressing Forward

Well, this week was pretty great because we were able to find or have four new investigators :) and one of them seems to be interested in learning more and we are hoping that he will progress...his name is Enrique and he is a friend of our mission leader`s assistant (Aaron) and well, Enrique told aaron that he basically wanted to know what he had to do to become mormon. so yeah, we were pretty excited when we heard that :) so the next time we go to visit him we will invite him to be baptized :)

We also have another investigator who is assisting with Christians and she straight up asked us if she was in the right or in the wrong and we didn`t straightly tell her that she was in the wrong but we testified that we know that we are in the only true church here on the earth and we shared the story about Joseph Smith because he passed through the same thing that she is passing through (questioning if she is in the right church or not). so yeah it was a pretty good week as far as that goes.

We also had a baptism this weekend :) Our convert`s name is Armando and his wife actually was baptized like 6 or 7 months ago :) I will send the pictures next week because this cyber is really slow with loading pics so....yeah you will have to wait to see them :) I will also send the pics of my new companion because we are having transfers tomorrow. My companion is going home because she has finished her mission and I am also leaving the area. haha no just kidding! I actually get to stay in my area this time! Wahoo! I am really happy :) I like it here :) despite all the dust and the heat.... but yeah, I will send pics of the baptism and my new companion :)

Sorry, I don`t have a lot of time so that is why I am not really writing all that well (with caps and paragraphs and all that haha) but I love all of you guys and I hope that you have a great week! I know that this is the true church and that we can only be saved through our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, if we act according to our faith and if we repent on a daily basis. I know that we are a world and a church full of imperfect people but I know that we are a people who keep pressing forward and who are willing to let the atonement of Christ change us.

Keep reading the scriptures and praying daily and make it a goal to go to the temple as often as you can! Also, repent on a daily basis, even over the small sins or transgressions that you make, so that you can go little by little paying off the debt that you have with the Lord. Your life will be easier and happier and less stressful if you keep up on the small things daily :) Love you all!

Love,
Hermana Walker 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment