Monday, June 1, 2015

June 1, 2015 Transfers and No Time to Write

So...yeah sorry, The subject line already basically explained it all haha but yeah so we had transfers and I left and guess where I got assigned....THE CITY!!! ¡Que horror! I can´t believe I am here in the city of puebla in Valsequillo....I am in the area where the mission offices are and the mission house...the Mission Pres...the assistants to the Pres and the secretaries for the mission. Yeah. Pretty crazy stuff ;) but yeah the area is HUGE and I never know where I am going...remember how I always got lost when I was at home in the Utah bubble with perfectly straight streets and mountains to guide me? yeah...we´re gonna have some MAJOR problems here methinks... but whatever. I know that there is a reason why I was assigned here so..I just gotta figure it out. Maybe this will help me be a navigating expert when I get home eh? ;) haha. But yeah so I am here in the city and I have spent my whole mission in pueblos so...it´s a pretty big change. But I am excited and I know it will be great :) um...my comp is super cute! Her name is Hermana Lopez (one of the many...) and she is from up north :) she is tiny! But you wanna know something crazy? I totally gave her one of my skirts (since I am now chubby and it doesn´t fit me haha...) and I thought that it would be kind of big on her but...IT TOTALLY FITS! Like, perfectly...so that was pretty crazy cuz she looks TINY....

My district leaders are the mission secretaries and the AP´s are in my district and the six of us are in the same ward so...it´s pretty much a party ;) 

Um, well, I can´t really say much about the investigators yet because I don´t really know them all that well....but there is one family that is really great! Well, it´s a family of two haha but the wife is a less active and her husband is investigating the church right now. His name is Salvador and he is pretty cool. We had a lesson with him one of my first days here and we talked about the law of chastity. It went really well and we felt the spirit really strongly. The wife told us that she felt the lesson in her heart so...that was pretty cool :) They agreed to get married this weekend so that Salvador can be baptized on the 13th of June...whooo!! So we are pretty pumped about that :) they are awesome. 

Well, I gotta go because I am out of time but I love you all and I hope that you have a fantastic week! I promise that the letter next week will be better and I will respond to all of you lovely and amazing people who wrote me this week that I didn´t have a chance to write to (Heidee, Heather, Jamee, Isaac, Kris...) just to name a few ;)  Have a great week! Love you lots!

Love always, 
Hermana Walker 


No comments:

Post a Comment