Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015 Turning 20 in the Mission Field and Keeping the Commandments!

Hey everyone,

I am so sorry because I have like...no time to write this week haha! We came to the cyber late since we had a District activity where we played volleyball and hackey sack...I have no idea how to spell that so no judging please ;) haha but I am not very good at hackey (haki?) sack...it´s really hard...the Elders are really good haha and one of the sisters is pretty good but...yeah it is a little hard to play haha.  But yeah, we didn´t even buy any food or anything for this week haha so...it will be interesting :) The good part is is that we are hardly in the house during the day and the members feed us everyday and we are definately not dying of hunger here....so it really isn´t even a big deal :) Plus, I got some packages from Grandma and from Kris so....I have a lot of stuff to eat and I will of course share with my comp :) Thank you guys for sending me those birthday packages!! (I will write you nicer, personalized thank you emails next week when I have more time haha, yeah I know, I am a little lame for thanking you openly in the email haha....sorry!) 

Well, I am also pretty excited about the conference this weekend (and my birthday I can´t believe that I am going to be 20 this friday....) I also can´t believe that conference is already here again! It is kind of funny because I was thinking the other day "Wow, it´s almost general conference....whoa...how weird....my first general conference in the mission was during my training...and now it is conference again and I am training haha..." It was a weird thought but also pretty cool :) But yeah, I hope you all enjoy the conference and that you get answers to the questions or doubts that you have. I also hope that you each learn something that helps you personally, that can help you make your life better and more meaningful. 

 Something that I learned this week that was really impactful to me was that if people would just follow the ten commandments, the world would be such a happier place! If they would only keep the commandments!! Seriously, it is so incredible...like, even just to keep the commandment to not lie...imagine that! The world would be something totally different...we would see changes for the better and we wouldn`t have nearly as many problems haha. Just keeping the ten commandments, that EVERYONE knows about (because they are found in the Bible and EVERYONE has the Bible), would change our whole world. Thinking about this also made me think that, as members of the church, we have a greater knowledge of other commandments that the Lord had given us (like to pray, to pay tithing, to fo to the temple, other commandments that aren´t part of the "big ten") so...we should really be a group of people that stands out from los demás, sorry, from others (sometimes it is easier to write in Spanish haha). 

I don`t know how to explain it haha because it is a principle that is super obvious and all that but, it`s something that we still don`t understand...because if we understood it, we would live differently and be obedient to the commandments that the Lord has given us and slowly the world would change for the better instead of progressivley getting more and more wicked. It is something that my comp and I have talked about a lot lately and it is something that we need to teach to the members and the less actives and also to our investigators so that they can understand it better and start changing their own lives so that they can eventually reach out and change the world.

I want to challenge you guys to think about the higher law of Christ and really apply it to your lives over the course of this week and once you have done it for a week, I want you to do it for a month, then two then three, until you are doing it for the whole year and you are truly becoming converted in Christ. We need to live the higher law of Christ and stand out from the world so that others can know and recognize that we truly are different, that we truly do have the truth and that we are the Lord´s chosen people because we have the fullness of the gospel. I want you to all think about the ten commandments, and the other commandments that the Lord has given us, and apply them to your lives more fully. Live them more exactly and I promise you that you will be happier and see changes in your lives. I promise you that the Lord will bless you more abundantly for your faith and for your efforts if you will hearken more fully to his voice. 

Sorry, I have no more time....but also I want you all to watch the new video that the church let out for Easter that is called "Because of Him". It is really beautiful and it´s something that the Church believes will help change lives and invite others to feel the Spirit and come unto Christ. 

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Love always,
Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment