Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015 General Conference and Personal Revelation

Oh man, well, this week was like half awesome and then the other half...kind of really sad haha...

This week was kind of bad in regards to our numbers....it was rough because we spent a lot of time out of our area for meetings and then for the general conference (so I could watch it in English with the other American missionaries in my District) and so we were really disappointed in ourselves this week....but we are determined to march forward with more faith and more energy so that we can meet our goals and work even harder so that we can actually reach the potential that we know that we have and also so that we can become the missionaries that the Lord expects us to become. 

I was really grateful for the chance to watch conference this weekend though and to also be able to watch it in my native language so that I could recieve personal revelation and feel the Spirit more powerfully. It was a really great experience and I learned a lot about what I need to be doing right now and what I need to do in my future so that I can be fulfilling the will of the Lord. I know that it is super important to follow the counsel of the prophets and apostles so that I will truly be guided to know all the things that I need to do. I loved how like, in every single talk, even if their overall topic was something totally different, each person mentioned and bore testimony of the atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. It really helped me a lot to hear so many testimonies of Him and to know without a doubt that I truly can be saved because of the grace of God. I know that it is my mission in life and divine responsibility to first save my own soul and then reach out to save others. I know that that is why I am here on the earth and why I am here in the mission field: to save my own soul first and at the same time, work on saving the souls of others. It´s something that really helped me realize the importance of the Gospel in my life and true converstion and also, when our numbers were so so bad this week and I initially felt like...well, I felt so bad! I felt frustrated and sad and upset with myself and I felt embarrassed too...but then I meditated on the messages of the Savior´s atonement and realized that I truly can be saved by the grace of God, and all I need to do is keep trying and keep going, even when I sometimes fall flat on my face and it hurts and I just want to stay on the ground because it is so much easier...when I get to these points in my life, I just need to think about my Savior Jesus Christ and think of the grace of God and remind myself that the Savior knows exactly what I am going through and He is on my side, cheering me on. I know I can pray in any moment and for any thing and the Lord will answer me and send me the peace, comfort and counsel that I most need.

I am so grateful for this gospel and the chance that I have to be a full-time missionary, sharing this glorious message with the rest of the world (well, the world that exists here in the Mexico Puebla South Mission that is) and help them recieve salvation to their souls. I am grateful for the restoration of the gospel and for the fact that we have living prophets to lead and guide us in these latter-days. I have no idea where I would be if I didn´t have the gospel and the light of the Savior leading me. I know that this is the only true church here on the earth and that only through faith in Jesus Christ can we be saved. He is my mediator with the Father and there is no other name by which my salvation cometh than by His sacred name. 

Sorry, I am cutting this one short so that I can answer some other emails that I got but I love you all so much and I hope that you can all keep meditating in the things that you learned from conference so that you can apply them to your lives and become the people that the Lord wants you to become. Have a great week and get out there and share the gospel with all your friends and neighbors that still haven´t accepted the gospel and the fundamentals of the fullness of God´s grace in their lives yet.

Love always,
Hermana Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment