Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015 It's a Girl - Becoming a Mother in the Field!

That´s right! I am going to be a mom tomorrow!!! I´m gonna train!!! I can´t believe it! It feels like a dream haha! I can´t believe that it is real....and tomorrow in the changes meeting I am going to meet my daughter! Whahoo!! I am super excited because the new missionaries always have a ton of awesome energy and they are really excited to work and serve and I feel like it will really help out our area :) I think my daughter is going to be Latino but I have no idea where she is going to be from...so I will tell you all the details next week and I will send pictures also :) President told us that there are 6 or 7 new sisters and I think there are 2 elders coming and he told us that they are like all latinos and one north american so that is how I know that I am going to have a latino daughter :) I´m super excited! We got the call from the zone/district leaders (they are the leaders for both haha) on thursday night and they told me that I was going to train! and then all the trainers went to a meeting in the mission house on Saturday to learn a little bit more about training and the expectations of our mission President for us as trainers and our new missionaries. It was really awesome :) And yeah, tomorrow I am going to meet my new companion and welcome her to the life of a missionary :)  But yeah...that is my big news for the week! :) I will also tell you where my comp Hna Oaxaca is going to die....she dies this next change...it´s so sad! She is going home in April...all my companions go home like, right after I have them as companions.... Pray for me a lot!! And for mi hija! We both need a lot of help and prayers because....I still feel like I don´t know what I am doing and I need to be a good mom for this missionary so that she has a really awesome entrenamiento and not a really stinky one... 

I finished Genesis! I started in Exodos this morning and I am really loving my Bible reading because I learn more about the history of the world and the gospel and I can remember more details of the stories that I learned in Sunday School. I just started reading about Moses and the Egyptians and realized that that Dreamworks video isn´t really the best source of information haha ;) It has some details added for suspense and drama that aren´t Biblical...so it doesn´t have the fullness of the gospel... ;) how sad! But I am really glad I am learning all the details from the Bible and not from Hollywood ;) How is it going with your scripture reading? did you guys take the Book of Mormon challenge or the Bible challenge? I guess you can take them both...but I realized that maybe I am giving you too many challenges because I am a little bit excited about all the things that I am learning haha ;) well, the most important thing is that you guys are reading everyday so, I will be happy with whatever challenge you choose to accept ;) 

Keep me posted with the mission status of Cody and tell me when he gets his call! I am really excited to see where he gets called! :) 

Ok well, I need to go! I love you all and I hope that you have a great day and a fantastic week! I can´t wait to hear from you all! P.s. Sorry Kris, I can´t write you back but I read your email! Thanks for writing me back! :) And thanks for sending the package! I still haven´t gotten it but I am super excited! That was really sweet of you to send me something :) 

I´m gonna try to send some pictures this week :) I love you all:)

Love always,
Hermana Walker :)  


Carnaval (painted black)
Carnaval (painted red)
Me with some young men who particpated in Carnaval



People from Carnaval in Huejo



The sign we made for our mini golf "actividad misional"

No comments:

Post a Comment