Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015 Kind of a Rough Week and Carnaval

Hey everyone! 

So, yeah, this week was a little sad....we didn´t contact like any of the references that we received and we didn´t really receive a lot either...also we didn´t find a single new investigator this week and...Satan attacks me ALL THE TIME!!!! And I let him in way too easily so....it just kind of ruins everything. It was rough. But my companion talked a lot yesterday about the things that have bugged us or the things that we want to change to be better and we talked about all our frustrations with the area and the goals that we have for the area and everything and we decided that we are going to do everything with exactness. We are going to be missionaries that are exactly obedient so that we can feel confident and doubt-free that we truly are giving our all to the Lord, that we aren´t holding anything back so that we can feel confident that we are doing our part and that we aren´t lacking something. we are going to try it out for the rest of the change and keep working hard to find the chosen people so they can accept the Savior´s invitation to be baptized in His name. We want people who want to listen to us and who want to progress!!! Because right now...we have none haha and it is really hard on us and really sad...

But anyway, sorry for all that sad stuff right there in the beginning...don´t worry, it only gets worse from here ;) haha naw! It´s a joke, I think that is all the sad news so it will hopefully actually get better from this point on :) 

We had a zone activity today in the church in Nealtican and we played volleyball for a bit but then people got tired and did other things like a sack race and some game with an egg on a spoon (and you have to walk without it falling) and the Elders played basketball a bit but I played volley with Hna Petersen (from the MTC) she is now my sister leader (the thing that I was the last change) and I have exchanges with her today at 6 so that should be really fun :) but yeah, she and I played volleyball the whole time :) but it was super hot today and I didn´t have any water and there wasn´t any water in the church so...I now have a pounding headache haha...I am drinking a lot of water to help get rid of it, we´ll see if it works haha. But the activity was really fun. We also did a few leg wrestles because the other day I was telling my companion about them and how my siblings and I would do them a lot and that they are really fun :) I didn´t tell her that I had a few leg wrestles with my grandma...and that my grandma totally flipped me everytime!! Yeah, no....¡Que vergüenza! But watching the leg wrestles was pretty great haha. My comp lost everytime but once :) She flipped another missionary who is like the same size, if not smaller, than she is haha. We also ate together. Our whole district wanted chicken and the other district wanted hamburgers...but the sisters in my district said that the hamburgers are not that great...so that´s why we ordered the chicken...and it was a ton!! They gave us three huge things of rice and like four or five boxes of chicken parts...Like those boxes that are white and made of styrofoam that restaurants give us when we can´t finish our food? Yeah, those :) It was so much!! We couldn´t finish it all....but it was super delicious :) 

Oh, so I turned 8 months in the mission today....how crazy is that!? We also have changes on the 3rd of March...which I think is this next Tuesday...and I think that maybe my comp is going to leave and I am going to be here in this huge mountain climbing area! And I know nothing haha! But President told me that I won´t have my comp for long...so we both feel like she is probably going to leave the area....but we´ll see and I will let you know what happens :) 

OH!!! So....last week was Carnaval here in Huejo and it gets really crazy here....there are guns and people in costumes and they even have like little wars and stuff and every year there are a number of dead people because they literally shoot each other and have wars....it is pretty crazy stuff....Luckily we live like 20-30 minutes away from Huejo and they don´t get super crazy in Carnaval in our area (we still have Carnaval but it isn´t as crazy and nobody dies in mini wars). But anway, so that happened last week and I think there was only one person who died this year and there were a lot of people injured but only one dead so...that is good at least right? I mean, in comparison to other years.... But so we had Carnaval in our area yesterday and remember those "Negros" that walk around without shirts and they have horns on their heads and are all painted black? Well, they walk around every Sunday (in preparation for Carnaval and also on the day of Carnaval as well) so they were walking around yesterday but it was worse than normal because those that are old enough get drunk and when they are drunk they are more forceful and more rude...usually they don´t do anything to us and they let us take pictures with them and everything but yesterday we were in the combi (the little bus things like vans that drive us around) because we were going to go to Domingo Arenas (another little "pueblo" that is part of our area) and a bunch of the negros stopped the combi and asked for money. And my window was down...and one of them was touching my face, like my chin and stuff so that I would give them money and I tried to roll up my window really fast but they all had their arms inside so it was really hard...and they stained my coat...well, mom´s coat....they stained it because they paint themselves with grease and oil so...it comes off the skin but the clothes? Yeah no. So I was pretty upset about that because I didn´t want them to touch my clothes and ruin them...but yeah so that happened yesterday and my comp got it on video haha. It´s a pretty good video and I´m not really mad anymore so it´s all good. But yeah, pretty exciting stuff right? Apparently they are going to have Carnaval next Sunday as well, but don´t worry, I will be armed with 2 pesos to give them so they don´t touch or bug me :)

I hope that you have a great week and that you can have some really awesome experiences! I finished the New Testament on Sunday and so now I am starting my goal to have the Old Testament read by the end of May. I get to start a little early because I planned on finishing the New Testament by the end of this month and I finished early :) But I have to read 13 pages daily to finish it...if you want to you can also start the challenge :) I wanted to do this challenge because I don´t actually know very many scriptures from the Bible haha...and I want to learn more and understand it a little better :) So I invite you all, if you would like to, to start this challenge as well, and maybe you don´t have to finish it by the end of May, but it might be a good thing to read or re-read the Bible and increase your knowledge since the degree of knowledge that we obtain in this life will rise with us in the life to come....it´s a really good incentitive to study right? :) Well, for me it is :) 

I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week! You are all really awesome! :)

Love always,
Hermana Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment