Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015 Happy Late Valentines Day

Haha, I didn´t know what to title this weeks letter and Valentine´s day just passed so I figured I would just put what I put for the subject line haha. Well, speaking of which, how was your Valentine´s Day everyone? Mine was pretty exciting! My companion and I went and saw a movie with a couple of JAS (young single adults) here in the ward and we ate chocolates and popcorn. It was a really fun day :) haha nah...we didn´t do anything but preach the gospel and hike mountains ;) oh! I did get a pair of shoes...for free! A less active family gave them to me! They are brand new and black with a lot of sequins (grandma Lee, you would love them. Maybe if they are still in good condition I will give them to you when I get home because they are a little bit big for me....I think they are like a size 7 1/2 or 8...) But yeah it was really really nice of them to do that for me. 

We were able to contact a lot of our references this week and I felt super awesome about it because we contacted 14 references and found 7 new investigators!!! Now the trick is to see how many of those 7 are going to actually progress....that is our biggest challenge right now. We have no progressing investigators and no one wants to accept a baptismal date or come to the church on Sundays haha. It´s a little frustrating but we are working on having more faith and hope in Christ and we keep working hard so that we can be doing our part. 

Hey, sorry that I have no more time. We went to Puebla today because my companion had an interview with tht President and we live really far from the offices so...it took a long time to travel there and we still have to go to our area...we are writing in cholula right now haha. But I want you guys to know that I love you all and I am really loving it here in the mission! It is the best thing that I have done up to this point in my life and I am learning so much! I will send more pictures next week when I have more time. Thank you for all your love ans support and for your thoughts and prayers too! It all means a lot to me! 

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head to share with you this week is...read chapter 11 in Hebrews this week and meditate the importance of faith in your life and how you can develop more of it :) Love you all! 

Love always,
Hermana Walker

P.S. I learned the song that they sing at birthdays this week and also the song that they sing when they do piñatas so when I get home we were all gonna do more piñatas and I am going to teach you the song that goes with it :) And I am singing "Las mañanitas" for you guys on your birthdays too. It´s gonna be a new tradition ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment