Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015 A Week full of Great Meetings

Well, so as you can see, this week we had a whole bunch of meetings....and so our numbers were a tad bit sad...they were really sad actually haha, not gonna lie. But it´s alright because we still tried and we still worked really hard...we just had to spend a lot of time in meetings and then nobody was home haha so that puts a damper on things as well. First of all, we have two wards that we have to visit and support and strengthen so we have to meet with two different ward mission leaders on two different days of the week. We also went to ward council with the ward Ixtazihautl and we had our zone conference and interviews with the Mission President this week so...it was pretty much a week of pure meetings haha. But! The interviews were amazing!!! We always get to have a capacitacion with the Assistants to the President and they teach us a principal that they think we need to most or something like that. Well, this meeting is the thing that called for our mission calls (Thanks aunt Cindy for sending it to me. I was really grateful that it was in my inbox when I checked, and I know my mom is grateful as well haha). But anyway, in this meeting I felt the Spirit so strong! We watched several video clips and one of the videos was a bunch of short clips put together of missionaries opening their mission calls. I cried haha. It was really beautiful :) (not the me crying part, the mission call part). After that, we all took out our mission calls and we went around the room, each reading the first paragraph of our calls. When it was my turn, I started crying before I even read mine haha which I thought was really interesting because I didn´t cry at all when I opened it for the first time....but in this moment I was really touched with the Spirit and since I am actually a missionary right now, my call means more to me than it did when I first received it. I understand what it means to be a full-time missionary. I understand what it feels like. I understand all the work that it is. I know how it feels to be a full-time representative of my Savior Jesus Christ and what it means to wear my name tag over my heart with the words "La iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos días" on it. In this moment, it hit me really hard just how much I love being a missionary and just how grateful I am to be able to be here and to be able to serve. I don´t know how to explain all the feelings that I had in this moment, i can just tell you that it was something really beautiful. In my mind time like fast forwarded to the day that I finished my mission and I was asked to take off my name tag...oh man....I started crying in real life when this was happening in my mind. It is going to be so hard to take it off. I am a little scared for that day to come...but at the same time I know that it has to happen because I need to move on with my life after and I know that Heavenly Father wants me to keep growing and keep progressing, I just have to do it without the name tag. But that time is a long ways away luckily so I don´t have to think of that right now :) 

My interview was super awesome becuase President Stellmon invited me in and then asked me one question, to which I gave my answer and when I finished he asked me if I wanted to know what his thoughts were (in regards to the question he asked me) and I said, "yeah". He then proceeded to tell me his way of thinking and his expectations of me and the potential that he sees in me and all that. He spent the whole time talking to me and I didn´t really get a chance to talk much but, it was incredible because everything that he said was an answer to a question or doubt that I had in my mind and so, everything that I wanted to ask, he already answered! It was amazing! I felt the Spirit in my interview as well. I was able to get a new perspective and set higher goals and change my sight so that it looked more into the future and more on the eternal aspect of things and not just for every change (like every six weeks). I was edified a lot and given a lot of animation :) It was awesome! I know that my mission President was called of God and that he receives revelation for all of us missionaries here in Puebla. I know that he sets inspired mission plans and goals for us to accomplish and that he cares about every one of us individually. He always tells us that he and sister Stellmon are only here to save our souls. That is his job here. I know that that is true and that this is his main goal. I know that he wants the best for me and he wants to help me bring salvation to my own soul. He has great expectations of me, many times they are higher than I have of myself. He knows the potential that I have and he wants to help me get there. Just like my Father in Heaven. 

I learned a lot in this week that strengthened me spiritually. It was a really beautiful week! Even though our numbers were really sad and our one baptismal date fell through and we don´t have a single investigator progressing right now...it was still a great week because I learned a lot, I was humbled a lot and I was able to feel the love of my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ.

I know that this church is true, without a doubt. I know that every principle that we go out and teach everyday is the truth and that it is undeniable and I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that Our Heavenly Father knows us each personally and perfectly and that he is always there to comfort us and guide us so that we can become perfected in Christ and return to live with Him for eternity. I know that the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ is real and that is the power to heal, to forgive, to become better, and to break the bands of death. I am so grateful for the atonement in my life and to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am thankful for this knowledge that I have and for my testimony of the restored gospel of Christ on the earth today.

I hope that you all have a great week and that you can search for a spiritual experience this week so that you can feel the love of God more in your lives and you can keep adding oil to your lamps of testimony like the five wise virgins did. I love you all! Keep being awesome! :)

Love always,
Hermana Walker


Me and Hermana Lara finally at the pyramids - A couple of days before she went home from her mission! :)
Sunday Ritual- YM dressed as devils walking the streets making weird noises - They do this every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment