Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6, 2015 Miracles

I am so sorry...have no time this week. we have transfers tomorrow and my comp and I are both leaving which was totally unexpected haha so that was just crazy, I still can´t believe it. sorry about my spelling and all that. I have like literally two minutes haha but I am just going to copy and paste what I wrote to my mission pres. Sorry. next week will hopefully be a lot better, I love you all! have a great week!

This week was pretty great because we had a few miracles this week, even if they were kind of small. First we were able to find four new investigators this week, which was the most that we have had this whole transfer....but we were looking hard and thinking constantly in what we could do to find new investigators. But one of the miracles that happened this week is that we were looking for a referral that we had received over internet and we found a street that had the same name and all that and we were walking in the rain looking for a house number and then I just happened to look up at a house and I recognized that the number on the house was the one that we were looking for so I pointed to it and said to my companion "es esa no?" and she said "bueno" and so we just went up and knocked on the door. And they opened it and totally let us in because it was raining hard and we were soaked. So yeah, we talked with them for a little bit and then we ended up having a lesson with them and everything. It was really great and we felt the Spirit and we found two new investigators :) (that happened last monday). We also put a baptismal date with Salvador...even though it is a little far away...but he accepted the date and he also told us that he finally was thinking of a date to get married to his girlfriend. So yeah that was really good and we had a really spiritual lesson with them :) (sorry this letter is so lame and like all scatter-brained. I don´t have a lot of time today haha) But yeah the biggest miracle that happened to us this week happened yesterday. We were walking back from the house of the memeber who fed us yesterday and we keptwalking straight a little longer than normal (because we normally go up a certain street to get back to the house but this time we kept going straight and we ended up walking up a different street) But in this street there was a young man standing in the shade of a tree by the sidewalk and when we walked passed us he asked us what we teach and if we teach about the Bible. We told him that we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that we share a message centered in Christ. And it was totally crazy because we didn´t feel weird or gross or anything like that (like how we feel sometimes when men talk to us) but we could see in his eyes and his demeanor that he is genuine and innocent. But we contacted him and we put an appointment for later on that night and we gave him a pamphlet (sp?) to read (the restoration) and we came back at eight o clock at night with a sister from the ward and he told us that he read the WHOLE pamphlet!! He just needed to read the last page that talks about prayer. But he read it all! There are people that investigate the church and they have a full week to read it and the do nothing. He had like four hours and he finished it all. We had a beautiful lesson with him where we talked about the priesthood and the apostasy and the first vision and everything that comes in L1 and we explained it clearly and with the Spirit. We all felt the Spirit and the young man didn´t have any questions about what we had taught him. My companion and I had also both felt impressed to invite him to be baptized and we put a date with him as well and he accepted it!!! It was a miracle! We are so happy that we had the chance to find him in our path and to teach him about these things. He is like a golden investigator! We are going to update the area book really well so that they can go with all the new investigators that we have and with the ones that have dates set and that are progressing.

I am so grateful for the chance that I had to be here in this area even though it was just for a little bit but I am grateful for all the things that I learned and all the miracles that I saw. It really was a blessing for me. And I am grateful that we could help save one soul while we were here together; that Max could make these sacred covenants with the Lord and that he could learn more about the restored gospel that we have here on the earth. I know that it is true and that we aren´t living a myth or a fairytale or something that sounds too good to be true. I know without a doubt that it is the full and complete truth and I am so happy to have it in my life.

Love,
Hermana Walker

            

No comments:

Post a Comment