Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015, Poor, Baptismal Dates, and Another Fall (not me this time)!

Haha alright well, basically, we are poor...that´s what i put in the subject line, and then I said that I didn´t know what else to say haha but yeah. We basically have no money. We have a tiny bit of money....and it has to last us for like two more weeks or something like that. But we can make it! We have faith! We just need to be careful how we use it :) but yeah, that is basically the only "exciting" thing that is happening right now....

Well, actually there is something else that is actually pretty exciting :) We have two people with baptismal dates! Their names are Armando (who is the husband of a lady who just got baptized like 6 months ago named Julia) and Areli (who is the wife a less active member) :) They both have dates for the 15th of August :) We are also planning on having a noche blanca (white night) on this day as a district so we are hoping to have a ton of baptisms for this night :) 

Armando is super great and he is really ready and all but he feels like he isn´t ready because he knows that this is an important decision and he doesn´t want to sin after he has made this covenant with God. We are trying to explain the atonment really well so that he can understand that Christ came to make us perfect through repentance in His name, and that He doesn´t expect us to be perfect before choosing to follow Him, it is little by little, and with His help. But yeah, we are working with him on that so that he feels ready and prepared and excited for this day :) Areli needs to get married and we made plans with them and got them all excited and all that :) But they didn´t come to church this week... :( Armando came :) and also another one of our investigators came who wants to be baptized :) and he showed us by action that it is true because he came all by himself to church on sunday :) We are going to visit him this week and put a date with him as well :) Oh yeah, his name in Heber :)

Oh dang... I forgot to tell you guys...my comp totally fell the other day...we were in the bus and it was night time and almost time to be in the house (i know, these are always the circumstances for the brutal falls right?) ;) haha but yeah so we got off the bus and started running down our street to make it to our house on time and our road is actually like a dirt road with rocks and everything..I know, pretty nice right? So, basically, her ankle started hurting her and I heard that her steps didn´t sound even or normal so i turned around right in time to see her falling forward....then she hit the ground and everything was covered in dust! Her shoes her clothes, her bag...she scrapped/scraped (i sadly don´t remember how to spell the word that I want but yáll know what I want to say haha) up her knee and cut open a part of her shin...I felt horrible...this is third major incident that has happened with me being present... (my own fall, in which I was obviously present ;), the fall of my daughter, and now hna. juncá). Haha, I can´t believe it.... the only good thing is that she fell at the beginning of the transfer and not at the end, close to when she goes home. Her mom would not be very happy.... So yeah, that was pretty awesome. ;) The good thing is is that she is tough :) and I didnt put alcohol on her like my mom did to me ;) 

Oh yeah, something small...but a kid (a member) gave me a figurine of peppa pig :) haha, it´s on my study desk :) 

That is basically I got this week :) I don´t have more pics this week, but I sent you all a ton the week before so I figure that will be sufficient for now :)  hope all is well at home and that you are enjoying your summer :) it´s really hot here in tehuacan...not compared to a lot of other places, but it´s the hottest area i have been to in my mission...

I just want to share a little bit of my testimony with you guys to end. I know that this is the true and everlasting church of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it was translated by the power of God through a willing and worthy servant, Joseph Smith. I know that it contains the fullness of the gospel and all the answers to any question we will ever have. I know that every event that is written in that book truly happened and that it was written and later translated for US in these latter days to help us become stronger disciples of Christ who are truly converted so that we can withstand all the whirlwinds and temptations that come our way. I know that President Thomas S Monson is a true and living prophet that guides us in these days and that he speaks with the Savior to direct the work of God here on earth. I know this gospel is true, pure and perfect and I am striving each day to truly live it. I hope that you all have a great week and that you keep doing the small and simple things that will lead you in the paths of righteousness until you reach eternal life. I love you all!

Love always,
Hermana Walker

            

No comments:

Post a Comment