Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015 Transfers

Um so...basically...remember when I told you that transfers were coming up again and how we were all sure that Sister Lopez was gonna leave? Well...she did! But so did I...again! So I don´t really know what is happening but I had been in Metepec for one transfer and Valsequillo for one transfer and then I came here so we will see what happens this next time since I detect no pattern haha :) But yeah, right now I am in Tehuacán :) (Te-wha.kan) it is really pretty here and I like it a lot :) I am with Hermana Juncá. She is from panamá :) I think she is actually going to finish her mission this transfer...yep, I am going to be the assasin of two missionaries soon haha ;) But yeah, right now we are both new here in the area so we are opening the area (like what my daughter and I did in Metepec) and little by little we are getting to know the members and the investigators and the area. We met three investigators this week that were new for us and with two of them we talked about baptism and we are going to put dates with them this week so that they can work towards their baptism :) This area is super cool and it has a lot of potential :) we are really excited to be here and to work with the members and all that here in the area :) 

Oh yeah, so in my last area, on monday, Sister Lopez and I went around to a few families to tell them goodbye and stuff and...grandma, brace yourself, I totally held a boa and took pictures with her! They are attached here :) Apparently she had just eaten like a little while ago...she was pretty heavy haha. (she eats a whole rabbit like every month...) But yeah I have pictures with a snake :) Pretty awesome right? ;) 

Today we went with two Sister missionaries and a member in our ward (who is super cute and helps us so much) on a little hike thing :) but it wasn´t really hiking because it was pretty plain, like flat, and it was easy. But it was really pretty because we went to see some little caves and a little creek that passes through the "valley" part :) I will attach some pictures that I took :) They look pretty cool, not gonna lie :) But yeah it was fun :) But we woke up earlier today haha so that we could be ready to leave by 6. We woke up at like 5:50 haha and got all ready but then the member didn´t even show up until like 6:40 haha so we were a little sad because we totally could have slept for the normal time haha. But it was worth it and I am actually not even tired right now so that is a good sign right?

But yeah I will send lots of pics this week so you can all see what is happening around here :) 

How was your 4th of July? How was dad´s birthday? I never had the chance to ask about those things haha...sorry...I am a horrible daughter....but don´t worry dad, I am still working on the letter that I am going to send you so...it will get there...late...but it will get there... I love you dad! :) 

Alright well, I don´t really have any really cool experiences to share this week...but I am really excited to see what we can accomplish in this transfer :) I know that this is the only true church here on the earth and that by following the true, restored teaching of the Savior we will come to know and understand better the way of celestial living and the plan that Heavenly Father has for us. I know that we can only be saved through the Savior and Redeemer of the world and that He is the way, the truth and the light. He is my eternal friend and I know that He will never leave me to walk alone. I know that we have the truth and that God lives and loves us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it was translated in these latter days to help us as latter-day saints, to improve our mortal lives and progress to become celestial and eternal beings. I love this gospel and am so grateful for it in my life. I hope that you all are able to see a miracle this week and that you can grow and progress spiritually with each day that passes. Have a fantastic week! I love you all! You´re all amazing!! Thanks for the love and support :) 

Love always,
Hermana Walker  
           


Holding a boa (just after swallowing a whole rabbit - he sure was heavy)!


Don't try this at home!;)
Hike in Tehuacan w/Hermana Sanchez
The Member Who Took Us On The Hike

Me w/My Comp (Hermana Junca) and 2 Other Sister Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment