Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015 Like Mother Like Daughter

So...you know that saying, the one I put in the subject line? Well it is totally true. You guys will never guess what happened this week. That`s right. My daughter tripped and biffed it...just like her mommy.... Remember when I was in my training and I totally tripped and biffed it on a speed bump? Well my daughter totally tripped and fell...this happened last Monday when we left the house of a member after a Family Night that we had with them (and a less active and a family of investigators. It was pretty awesome and we totally triple dipped the lesson ;) ) But anyway, it was like 8:50pm and we were leaving to go to our house and my companion started walking one way and I watched her for a second and then said, "Hermana, it`s faster to go this way" and I pointed in the opposite direction. She turned around and saw which way i was pointing and she said "Oh yeah that`s true" and she like turned around way too fast or something, I don`t actually know what happened, but anyway, the point is is that she tripped on the road (because the whole road is paved with like cobble stone) and she started falling in like slow motion! It was the weirdest because she was falling right before my eyes but I was too far away and my body wasn`t functining fast enough to do anything and...she went down! She like fell for one side so she scrapped up her right elbow and her right knee as well...but her other arm is totally fine and her left knee just has a bruise on it...but oh man. I felt horrible! But at the same time I was laughing because I could NOT believe that she totally fell in her training, at night, JUST LIKE HER MOTHER!! It was ridiculous. I still can`t believe that it happened hahaha :) But yeah, that was the adventure for the week :) and this internet or cyber is lame...you can`t see the pìcs when I send them so...I will send them next week so you can see her battle wounds haha ;) we are going to try and find a better cyber. We don`t like this one but it is the only one that is open right now so...it kind of stinks....

We had 6 investigators in sacrament meeting this week so we were really happy about that and we have plans to visit them and put baptismal dates with them so that they can be baptized this month! (pray really hard for them!) Their names are: Lulu, Mario, Luis, Cesar, Angeles and Dominga. Pray more specifically for the little boys (Mario, Luis and Cesar) because they are really amazing and they have great potential! :) 

I have to go now because we still need to go to Atlilxco to buy some stuff....but I wanted to tell you all that I love you a lot and I hope you have a fantastic week and...Happy Mother`s Day to all you mothers out there! You all are amazing and you do great things for your children! keep up the good work! 

I also want to quickly bear a simple testimony that I know that we are in the true church because we have the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I have grown so much being here on the mission and I have been able to find more truths, and confirmations of the truths that I knew before, as I have read and studied the scriptures (both the Bible and the Book of Mormon). I know that the Bible is the word of God as long as it is translated correctly, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that it testifies of Christ and teaches us all the things that we must do in this life to be saved, and that the Book of Mormon and the Bible support each other. I am grateful to have the knowlege of this gospel and to be here enjoying all the blessings that come from being a member of the restored church of the Savior Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt that the plan of salvation is true and that it really is the plan that God has for us so that we can return to live with Him someday. It is perfect. It is flawless. It was made and presented for us and our well-being. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that His atoning sacrifice heals broken hearts and strengthens feeble beings. We truly can do all things through Christ because He gives us the strength that we lack and He is on our right side and on our left, cheering us on in this race we are running so that we can cross the finish line and fall into His welcoming arms. I have no doubt that we have the truth, that we are in the truth and that we must live it. I love my calling as a missionary and I love this work that the Lord has called each of us to. I hope you can all look forward with eternal eyes and that you can fight the battle armed with the armor of God so that you can say at your last day that you have fought the good fight, you have finished the race, you have kept the faith. (see 2 timothy 4:7) 

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Love always,
Hermana Walker



No comments:

Post a Comment