Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015 Three Baptismal Goals - Three Baptismal Candidates

Hello everyone! I hope that you all had a fantastic Mother`s day and Heidee...I hope you had an amazingly beautiful wedding! you need to send me pictures..ehem...when you have time that is ;) Family: I already talked to you yesterday but I wanted to say thank you for the opportunity that we had to talk to one another! I am glad that you are all just as crazy as before :) It was a lot of fun to see you guys and talk to you like old times ;) 

Cod: I am so proud of you and I am so excited for you and your call to Arizona! I was praying that you would have your call by Mother`s Day so you could tell me where you got called over Skype :) You are going to have the time of your life and you will love it out there! That`s a promise! It will be the best thing that you have decided to do in your life! I don`t regret making this decision to serve our Father in Heaven, I never will. And I know you won`t either :) you will be fantastic! :) 

Alright, so another topic...as the title indicates...we had an amazing experience this week that made us super happy :) My family already knows about this because I told them yesterday while we were Skyping but...we have been praying and fasting more than normal this transfer so that we could reach our goals....we had put a goal to have three baptisms this transfer and we made plans and we prayed and we invited people to be baptized and...nothing. We invited Lulu and her kids to be baptized and they told us that they wouldn`t be baptized. Lulu told us that she would like to but that she isn`t married so she can`t....but her kids straight up told us no. So that was pretty sad because we were really excited about them. Well, all of this happened like a couple of weeks ago, when we first got to the area. Well, we kept on praying and fasting and inviting all our investigators to come to church and baptisms and everything so that we could figure out who was going to be ready to be baptized. And...this week we went with Lulu again and invited her kids to be baptized, again, and this time they totally accepted! Lulu just told us that she would have to call and talk to her "husband" to ask for permission...so yeah that made us pretty happy :) We just had to wait and see if her husband would let them be baptized... so we kept talking to her like everyday to make sure that they were all doing well and everything and to check up on her answer (well, the answer from her husband). We went with them on...firday or saturday I think...and she told us that her husband gave them permission!! We totally have three baptismal dates and we know and have faith that they will be baptized this month on the 24th :) It`s a Sunday :) So yeah, the Lord truly does answer our prayers when we pray in faith and when we work hard to do all that we can. I am super happy... :) 

But yeah, that is the only thing that happened this week that was really exciting :) oh yeah, something else exciting is...we found another internet that was open and so I am pretty sure you will be able to see the pictures that I tried to send the other time...keep your fingers crossed! Oh yeah, we also had our interviews with the mission president and I learned a lot of things that I can apply to my life to become a better missionary and a better person after my mission :) we talked about how to manage time wisely and make better plans :) also, the whole mission wrote little cards or letters for Sister Stellmon and the Assistants put them all in a book or something like that and gave it to her for Mother`s day! How cute right? :) 

This friday we have to go to Izucar (which apparently is SUPER hot...) because we are going to have a special meeting or conference type thing with the area seventy Elder Pino and his wife :) I`m pretty excited :) It`s going to be great :)

I know that this is the true church here on the earth and that the Book of Mormon really is the key to our religion. I know that without a testimony of the Book of Mormon, we can never know for ourselves if this is the true and restored gospel of Christ here on the earth. I chanllenge all of you to start or keep reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning so that you can either gain a firm testimony for yourselves or get a confirmation of the truth that comes through the gentle whisperings and promptings of the Holy Ghost. As I have been re-reading the Book of Mormon I have been blown away by all the truths that I have discovered and re-discovered by searching those sacred pages. I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith is a true prophet that was called of God to re-establish the only true and living church here on the earth so that all of His children could come to the true and restored knowledge of their Redeemer and Savior Jesus Christ, so that they could enjoy all of the blessings that He has prepared for each of them and so that they could more fully understand His divine plan of salvation. I know that this sacred volume of scripture contains the fullness of the gospel and all the answers to all the questions and problems that we face and ever will face in our lives. Read it. Love it. Share it. The Lord will bless you with greater understanding and knowledge of spiritual things and you will also receive temporal and eternal blessings by feasting upon the words of Christ. I love this Gospel and everything that it entails. I hope that you have a great week full of success and spiritual experiences so that you can keep growing, progressing and developing as you should. 

Love always,
Hermana Walker 

P.s. I hope this email makes sense...if not... I`m sorry :P

Hope you enjoy the pictures! I will send more :) Cuz I love this area! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment