Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015 Six Months Old and Miracles!

Hey everyone! Wow! I can`t believe that it is 2015...this is too crazy! I only have one year left in my mission! I only have one year to totally change my nature and become a consecrated missionary and a consecrated person...it`s a hard thing to do because it requires that I change my way of thinking and that I change my heart. I need to have a heart that is totally and completely willing to do what the Lord wants me to do, regardless of the fact that sometimes I am not going to want to do some of those things because they are super hard or...who knows? It`s harder because I have to let go of habits or change my attributes and attitudes. It`s an internal change that will in turn, change my exterior and my whole being. It`s something that we talk about a lot in our mission and it is something that I really want to obtain-a change of character. 

There are two really great talks that I really suggest you all read when you have the time! Yes, they are more centered around missionaries in the field, BUT, the principals still apply to us as members in our everyday life because we are all missionaries and we are all disciples of Christ and we all need to make changes to become worthy to enter the Kingdom of God, so, I highly recommend that you read them when you have the chance :) Especially you Cody because you can get a little bit of a head start on the "spiritually changing and preparing" part of your mission :) I will try to attach them here with this email but if it doesn`t work I can tell you the names. One is called "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" By Tad R. McCallister and the other....It is a letter written by an Elder who was trained by someone named Elder Ricciardi in his mission to England. There are 3 parts. I don`t know who wrote it haha or what it is called so hopefully you can find it or I can get it sent. I am going to have to send it in three different emails. But anyway, they are both super great and I learned a ton!

Ooh, ok so yesterday was the last day of the week to work super hard and make our numbers a little bit better for the week...because we call in our numbers every Sunday night. Anyway, so we really needed more lessons with members present and new investigators. So we went to a members house to ask her if she could come with us to visit her neighbors and...she wasn`t home...(her name is Lucia) but...(miracle #1) her mom was home and told us that she could come with us for the appointment! Whoo! While we were walking across the street to her house, I was praying super hard in my head and in my heart that they would be home and that they would be able to receive us. We knocked on their fence and yelled Buenos noches and we waited. The lady that we had the appointment with (Karina) came out and told us that we could come in (miracle #2). When we came in their house we got all the seats ready and everything so that we could teach them and bom! Miracle #3 happened! Her husband was there and he isn`t a member...and he listened to us!! We got a new investigator!!! It was AMAZING!! During the whole lesson we were praying in our hearts that the Spirit could guide our words and that we would know what to say and I thought it was amazing how quickly and perfectly the Lord answered our prayers. It was a really awesome experience for me and I am learning all the time just how amazing the Lord is and how good He is to us.

This was one of the spiritual experiences that I had this week, and I had more but right now I don`t have a lot of time to write so I have to say goodbye... I love you all and I hope that you have a great week full of happiness and success! You are awesome! All of you :) 

I know that the gospel is true and that it was restored by Joseph Smith through the power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true scripture and that it is the word of God and that together with the Bible, we have the fullness of the gospel in the palms of our hands. I know that the Lord knows us all individually and that He loves us and wants us to be happy. He answers our prayers when we ask in faith and He promises that if we ask it shall be given to us, if we seek we shall find and if we knock, He will open the doors for us to pass through. Ask the Lord in faith, seek His will in your lives and knock freely on His door so that you can receive all of His glorious blessing and promises that He has ready and waiting to pour upon us. I know all of this is true and I share it with you in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, amen.

Love always,

Hermana Walker :)

No comments:

Post a Comment