Monday, August 11, 2014

Aug 11th, 2014 I'm in Mexico!


Haha ok so, first of al, ¡hola! How are you all doing?

I am doing great! Except that this is my first P-day and it has been super crazy because nothing stayed on schedule and so...that means I have like no time to write this week! But that is ok because I will be a lot better next week. But anyway, I don´t know what questions you all asked or anything since I have 22 new emails this week for some reason (I´m like really popular for once in my life ;) ) and so yeah I will just print them all off and read them in my spare time (haha, spare time. What?) yeah I actually don´t have a lot of that but esta bien because I will find time since I love all of you and want to read what you wrote to me!

But yeah anyway, So i really really love my companion! She is super super awesome and way cute and we get along really well. She is from Farmington so when we get home we are totally hanging out. We already discussed it. And we are attending each other´s weddings :) haha yeah she is just so great! She has been en el campo (in the field) for six months now. That´s so crazy because I have only been here for uno semana (one week!) I still sometimes can´t believe that I am like, actually walking the streets of Mexico sometimes.

But anyway, So it is crazy here because everyone speaks Spanish. It´s like they´re Mexican or something ,) They speak really fast and some are fairly easy to understand while others I´m just like, um...what did you just say...?? and some speak like in the back of their throats and so that is super hard to understand as well but its ok because I know that I will get it down and the Lord will help me as long as I try since He called me here for a reason and I know that the Lord doesn´t ask us to do anything that He knows we can´t handle. 

Ok so the flight here was cool like the one to Dallas felt kind of long and then the whle calling my family thing didn´t work out like I wanted so that was kind of bad and there were tears but I am really grateful Hermana Peterson let me use her cell phone thing to call and that the phones were eventually able to get service so that I could talk to you guys because I didn´t realize how much talking to you would mean to me before. So yeah but the flight to Puebla seriously flew by! (no pun intended but hey, you can have one anyway) :) I honestly felt like we were only on the plane for thirty minutes and then all of a sudden we´re flying over the city and it is super gorgeous and I am freaking out just a little bit. But yeah, ah, crazy stuff! S the first night we stayed in the mission home and met the APs and the mission President and his wife. I really like them. Presidente Stellmon is a little bit more strict but he is stil really nice and he is all about getting the work done and working hard and forgetting ourselves and getting to work and al that so that is awesome. But Hermana Stellmon is so cute! She is really bubbly and fun and I like her a lot. The mission home is really pretty! Just so you know. 

The second day, or I guess technically the first ful day in Mexico, was crazy. I met my companion at the changes meeting and then I aso found out my area and I had to move all my suitcases into the back of a truck and a member drve us to our area. 

Our area is super awesome! we are in Cholula and we live in San Gabriel. It is like a pueblito or pueblo which is like a tiny town and the houses in this area are all apparently pretty big but I wouldn´t really know since I have nothing to compare it with except houses in america and that isn´t really a fair comparison haha. But yeah some of the houses here are actually like, pretty big and nice. and mostly everyone is a farmer and there are chickens and turkeys and pigs and horses and all that. um, que mas...? Oh yeah. The food. Oh my gosh. I eat so much food! They just feed us and feed us and feed us! And the food is like super rico, or super delicious. They like always start us out with a soup of some sort and then they give us the main meal with tortillas always and then sometimes we even get dessert and we aways get fruit. I ate a mango for the first time in my life and holy cow it is like the best thing ever! Me gusto mucho! I aso ate a fruit called tuna which is apparently a fruta de cactus. It is really yummy as well. We definitely need to come here and visit when I am no longer a missionary. And it wil be better then anyway because then I will actually be able to speak and understand haha. 

Um, yeah so I am running out of time....oh but speaking of which, I ost my watch....like, I lost it somewhere between the MTC and the Airport...haha I know I know, how dumb right? Well it´s ok because Hermana Kraczek and I just bought some watches today! They are actualy pretty gigante but we think they are cute and so yeah, we bought them. we both needed watches super bad. Um, ok going back to the food. Y´all better still love me when I am fat because...yeah it´s going to happen. But don´t worry, I will work really hard when I get home and then I can be skinny and it won´t be as bad haha. 

I have born my testimony a lot here since that is basically all I can do, wel and I can kind of pray but a lot of the time I say the same things...so I am working on getting better with that so that my spanish prayers can be just as meaningful as my english ones :)

One realy spiritual moment for me here was when I was bearing my testimony at a member´s house after la comida and I was bearing it about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. The Spirit just overcame me and I was all choked up (but I didn´t quite cry) and I just knew without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true and that Jospeh smith was and still is a true prophet of God. The Spirit was really strong in that moment and I am so thakful to Heavenly Father for giving me that experience to make me stronger and to increase my faith and strengthen my roots of testimony. 

I am really sorry for all the typos because this keyboard is a little weird and I don´t have a lot of time so I am rushing but I need to go now. I love you all so much and I just want you to know that I know this Gospel is true and that I love being a missionary and I am really grateful for this opportunity and to be here. This work is truly amazing and although it is really hard and I am slowly becoming less attractive physically, I know that the Lord will help me make up for that spiritually and that I will be able to come closer to Him through this amazing opportunity to bring his children unto the Savior Jesus Christ. I will talk to you more next week! I love you a lot!

Love always,
Hermana Walker 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment