Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2, 2014 First Week In The MTC


Hola Familia!! So I am so sorry about all the P-day confusion. I had no idea when it would be and I found out that it is actually on Wednesdays so....sorry you had to wait a whole week. I felt really bad for kind of telling you that it would be on Saturday or something. I just didn't know...

But yeah so it is on Wednesdays here in the CCM (MTC). I was happy to get some Dearelders from mom. It made me laugh how you wrote me and said that it was crazy that I had already been gone for two HOURS!! Mom, that isn't even anything....hahaha you're so funny :) The CCM is so much fun! I seriously love it here The Spirit is so strong here and there hasn't been a moment that I haven't felt the Spirit. I actually cried while bearing my testimony on the first night that we met our Branch Presidency. I am such a crier. :) I also cried last night after the Tuesday Night Devotional. We got together after the Devotional as a District and talked about what we learned and what we liked that the speaker said. I cried while sharing my thoughts and my testimony AGAIN so everyone here probably just thinks that I am a big bawl baby but that's ok because I am feeling the Spirit and I am learning a lot. 

The language...oh man. Spanish is really hard and my teacher only speaks spanish so...yeah I get lost quite often during class but I am learning things and trying to study harder everyday so that I can start picking it up a little better. Um....Oh yeah, I should probably tell you about mi companera. Her name is Hermana Palmer and she is super sweet! She is very smart and knows a lot about the scriptures, like the Book of Mormon. She said that she doesn't really know a lot about the Bible but...I kind of doubt that because she is very very smart and is always quoting scriptures and she knows the stories in the Book of Mormon really well. I will attach some pictures here so you can see her. The other two Hermanas in our District are Hermana Peine (she is the one with the shorter brown hair next to the blonde with long hair). And the blonde with long hair is Hermana Peterson. They are both super cute and I love all the Hermanas already! We all laugh and have a great time. I also love our District. We have sooo many Elders....there are four in our District and then 7 more in the other district so there are 11 Elders in our zone. We are getting 10 more Elders today so...yeah that should be interesting. They are all sweet and stuff but a lot of them are straight out of high school so they are really crazy and the other Hermanas and I feel like we are the moms here sometimes haha. But it is a lot of fun and it is so crazy that we are all already so close to one another after only one week. That is what the Spirit of the Lord does though, it brings us together and we can all feel so much love. 

The time here really just flies by. I am busy all the time and I always feel like I have so much to do. The week flew by and all the days kind of just blend together so I forget what day is what and I forget what clothes I have already worn and...yeah it is just a blur sometimes. 

We had to teach an "investigator" on the first day here. It was just a group effort of a whole room full of missionaries and we heard the story of three different investigators (who are actually members just role playing) and then we can raise our hands and comment and share things and try to help him/her out. The first one was really awesome because one Hermana talked about her experience with Special Needs children and how she sings songs to them to help them feel the Savior's love so we all sang "I feel my Savior's love" and the Spirit was so strong. I started tearing up and my arms broke out in goosebumps. But the best part was that our investigator, Jose, actually started to cry. He felt the Spirit and the Savior's love and it was just such a great experience. 

We also got an investigator that our District has to teach. Her name is Arely. This one is different though because it is just you and your companion who go in to teach the investigator. So Hermana Palmer and I go in and teach her when she is scheduled to come in and stuff. We have to do it all in Spanish and it is really really hard because we don't know how to speak it and she totally does so we just get left in the dust sometimes but we try to invite the Spirit and learn and understand what she is saying so that we can help her. The other companionships in our District also teach her too but we all go in at different times and we can teach her whatever we want to the experience for all of us is totally different. I just really wish I knew Spanish so that I can feel like I am being successful haha :) I will get it though so I'm not really that worried :) 

OH!! I thought this was really awesome. So, I told my District that I am shy and two Elders totally freaked out because they don't think that I am shy at all. Since I have been here I have been so happy and smiley and laughing and I talk to people and bear my testimony and I try to speak spanish out loud and stuff and I don't feel shy at all so I just thought that was awesome. It hasn't even been long at all and I am already noticing positive changes in myself :) the Lord is definitely helping me overcome some fears that I have/had and I am so grateful for that :) His Spirit is with me and is teaching me everyday; teaching me new things about other people, teaching me new things about myself and teaching me new things about the Gospel. The CCM is seriously such an amazing place and I know that I will never regret my decision to serve a mission.

I am running out of time really quick and I still need to write to Elder Sampson and Heidee and Gentry but I love you guys so much!! You are all amazing and I am so thankful for the family that I am blessed with and for the love and memories that we share with one another. Thank you mom and dad for your faithful examples and for raising me right and raising me in the Gospel. It has truly been the biggest blessing in my life! I love you Cody, Heather and Preston! You guys are so sweet and adorable and I miss you and all the fun things that we would do and all the laughing. I hope you guys will send me letters and emails!! :) Oh and hey dad, I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are getting so old ;) haha just kidding. You actually aren't that old....yet ;) I hope that you get to have a really nice and enjoyable day and that you guys can all go do something fun! Sibs? You guys better be helpful and kind and considerate to dad alright? He does so much for us and we take it for granted 99% of the time.... Dad, Thank you for holding the Priesthood worthily and alwaays fulfilling your callings to the best of your ability. Thank you for always being willing to share the power that Heavenly Father has shared with you when you have given me Father's blessings. They really mean a lot to me and I know that the power of the Priesthood is real and it is amazing!

i love you all a lot! Hope to hear from you soon! Enjoy the pictures ;)

Love,
Hermana Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment