Wednesday, July 9, 2014

July 9, 2014 Listen To An Apostle


Hola familia!! 

It is P-day again! Yay!! P-day is the greatest! I love getting emails! :) I just wish I could have longer than an hour because that just isn't nearly enough time. Anyway, I love getting the pictures from Shaylee and Jaxon's wedding! They are so cute!! I really wish that I could have been there but at the same time, I know that being on a mission is really important and I am loving my experience so far. I know that this is the right thing to be doing and that it will bless me and my family in so many ways for years and years. I wouldn't trade it for anything! Even though it is one of the hardest things I have done in my life...already! I have been here all of 2 and a half weeks and it is already categorized as one of the hardest things I've done in my life.

So this week was great! We had Fast and Testimony Meeting on Sunday and it was neat to hear all the testimonies of "my family". (They are mi familia de la CCM) :) 

Ok, wow, I am just...it's hard to gather my thoughts. Sorry! This email will probably not be the most organized....but so on the Fourth of July we were able to participate in a special program where we sang patriotic songs. were privileged to listen to some really talented musicians play musical numbers and listen to a speaker who shared a talk about Spiritual Heroes. We also were able to watch 17 Miracles. It was really good. After that we went outside and got an ice cream while we watched fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. It was fun.

The other District of Hermanas left on Monday for Mexico! How crazy! I was so excited for them! They are all going to be so awesome. 

The Spanish is still hard but I am not beating myself up or stressing out about it so that is good. I am understanding a lot more and I can make sentences, even though they are really choppy....we call it "caveman Spanish" haha. But hey, I have to start somewhere right? 

Last night we had a Devotional and guess who came to speak to us....??? NEIL L. ANDERSEN!!! An apostle of the church was speaking to us here at the MTC. I know that happens all the time but I was like 20 feet away from him!! It was awesome! I really liked his talk. He spoke to us about the Holy Ghost and I learned a lot. I learned something really impactful AFTER the devotional though. We all went back to our classroom as a District and had a discussion on what we learned with the Branch President there and everything and when Elder Smith got up to share his thoughts about the talk, the Spirit bore witness to me of something that had happened to me. Neil L. Andersen shared a scripture with us and Elder Smith read it again during his sharing time. The scripture is D&C 9:8-9. When he read those words again to me I was hit with the Spirit as I realized that the promises in those verses had happened to me when I was making my decision to come out here and serve. Go look up the scripture and read it because it is really neat! :)

After Elder Smith read those verses again I realized, through the Spirit, that I had literally felt that burning in my bosom and I felt so happy and excited everytime missionary work was mentioned or discussed. It was constantly on my mind. I did not have a stupor of thought. I am so glad that I came out here because I am already feeling the blessings that come from being called as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is such an amazing experience! 

I also learned something really cool from mi maestro, Hermano Martinez. We read a scripture in Moroni...I can tell you the verse later, I am just running out of time. But it was talking about how the Lamanites will receive the gospel and stuff like that and it just hit me really hard in that moment that I have been called to go and preach the gospel to the Lamanites! I am going to be able to take part in fulfilling that prophecy!! I just think that is amazing! :)

Love always,
Hermana Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment