Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015 Great News!

Yep so, Dulce totally got baptized this week on Wednesday :) It was a little scary though because she actually got there late! :[ but she did make it so that was good :) But we were getting a little worried because she arrived at like 8 and her baptism was supposed to start at 7:30.... but yeah, her baptism was amazing! It was so beautiful and I felt the Spirit very strongly :) The young women sang a special number after Dulce´s baptismal ordenance (don´t know how to spell that haha...)  was performed and it made me have goosebumps! And then at the very end, Dulce shared her testimony and she started cryining a little bit and I was totally bawling....I love her so much and I was so so happy for her and the step that she took that opened the door to the path of eternal life and true discipleship. Haha I was crying so much that all I could do was hug her at the end. I couldn´t even get the word "Felicidades" out of my mouth....it was a little embarrassing to be honest but at the same time, it was absolutely beautiful! She truly is amazing and has such a powerful and strong testimony. Her sister, Virgen, was also extremely happy and was crying of happiness as well beacuse she has waited five years for her sister to join her as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it finally happened on Wednesday. It was an amazing day for all of us :) I attached pictures of us on her special day :) Oh yeah, we also bought her a watch because my comp and I have the same watch and it is actually pretty sweet, not gonna lie :) It´s leather and...ah, I´ll just send a pic of it so you can see just how cool it is :) cuz it´s hard to explain haha :) but yeah, we wrote her a letter and we bought her a matching watch so now we all three have the same watch :) 

We saw a few more miracles this week :) Heber, one of our investigators that has wanted to be baptized for a while now, was home last week and we went and visited him and we put a baptismal date with him for the 30th of october :) and he came to church this Sunday :) so that was really good :) We just need to explain super well and very clearly about the law of chastity...because he has a little problem....so yeah, if he isn´t really willing to live according to that law we are going to tell him that we can´t continue to visit with him for a while....because he won´t be able to progress towards baptism if he isn´t willing to live all of God´s commandments with exactness... But he was very happy that we passed by again because it had been like 3 or 4 weeks since the last time we went with him. We are planning on visiting with him more often to help him stay strong and to be worthy to become a baptized member of the true church of God on the earth. 

We also had a cool experience with another investigator named Areli :) She is the one who is married to a less active and they still haven´t gotten married. But yeah, so we were thinking about her and that we needed to invite her to be baptized and so we thought about teaching her about the law of chastity first and then inviting her to be baptized. So we started the lesson and we just handed her the pamphlet about the law of chastity and she just read the first page that says
"Your Heavenly Father loves you and wants you to be happy today and forever. He has given counsel and commandments through His prophets to help you. One commandment that is vital to your peace and happiness is His commandment regarding sexual purity, known as the law of chastity. The Lord instituted this law from the beginning, and He emphasized its importance to the Prophet Joseph Smith as part of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Obedience to this commandment is a requirement for baptism in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." Then after she read that I asked her, So, what did you understand from what you just read? And she said, "That I need to get married." My comp and I just sat there stunned haha! It was perfect what she said! So yeah, we explained a bit about the law of chastity and mainly talked about all the blessings that she will receive if she obeys this commandment of God. Then we invited her to baptism but I asked her, "Have you still thought about getting baptized?" (because we have invited her to baptism one time before, when I first got here) and she said "yes. Everyday. Everyday I have this feeling that is like telling me that I need to get baptized." yeah. So she basically just walked directly out of PREACH MY GOSPEL!!! She is perfect! She just needs to get married to her husband and come to church two more times and yeah :) We are going to visit her this week and put a baptismal date with her :) 

This last tuesday we had a zone conference and sister and sanchez had to give part of the presentation since we are the sister leaders here in the zone haha. We actually did a good job :) despite the fact that we were DEAD tired! (from doing the powerpoint) and I think the zone leaders got a little annoyed haha because we talked a lot....but thye didn´t really have a lot of slides so, my comp thinks that it was good that we talked as much as we did or else the conference would have been too short. We did a really fun practice (we always do practices to try and be better as teachers and all that) but this practice was one that nobody has ever done. It was something that popped into my head while we were planning the conference :) But...haha me da flojera describirla.... sorry, I don´t know how to say that in english... :P basically i guess you could say that it means that i am too lazy to explain the practice that we did but if somebody really wants to know what we did i will explain it next week if you tell me that you want to hear about it. It was really fun :) 

Alright well, I don´t really know what else to say about this week.... oh yeah one more thing. This week I went on exchanges with my daughter! :) She is the cutest and she totally gave me a skirt (it´s a long story...) and a stinkin cute/cool dream catcher (which i love btw) :) so yeah, it was really fun and she is still the cutest :) SO yeah, that was my week in a nutshell :) I hope you all have an amazing week this week and that you keep smiling everyday so that others can see that the gospel of Jesus Christ really does make you happy :) I know that this church is true and I am so happy to be a member of it and to be here in Mexico sharing it with people who need to hear it. And.....
 ...as the sticker says, 

"Be Happy, Be Mormon!" 

Have an amazing week! I love you all! :)

Love,
Hermana Walker

 (Dulce's Baptism) Me, Dulce and Hermana Sanchez 

Hermanas, Dulce and her sister

Matching "Sweet Watches"


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment